Skip to Content


Student Personal Accident Cover

Insurance Provider: Chubb (an ACE company)

Kids will be kids - so it's important to have the right cover when the unexpected happens.

All students of Lutheran Education facilities (including Kindergartens, Child Care Centres, and Preschools) within the LCA are automatically covered by Student Personal Accident Cover (Gold Plus level)

What is covered?

Children are covered 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, 52 weeks per year but only in respect to any injuries that happen:

  • While the student is engaged in school activities and school-related extra-curricular activities (including work experience, vocational training, excursions etc.)
  • While the student is engaged in organised school sporting activities
  • While the student is engaged in organised non-school sporting activities with a club that is a member of an established sporting association. The student must be a registered and/or a financial participant of the club
  • During travel to and from school, school activities, organised school sporting activities, and organised non-school sporting activities.

Please note although student activities are covered worldwide, the Non Medicare Medical Expenses are only covered for expenses incurred within Australia which are not subject to a Medicare rebate or recoverable from another source.  However, the Travel policy would cover Overseas Medical Expenses for student on overseas school trips.

The cost of Student Personal Accident Cover is incorporated in the rate charged to Lutheran Education facilities upon renewal of their insurance policy.

Student Personal Accident Cover Resources

Student Personal Accident Non-Boarders Cover Policy Document

Student Personal Accident Boarders Cover Policy Document

Student Personal Accident Claim Process Flow Chart

Student Personal Accident Claim Form, Procedure & Contact

Student and Teachers Personal Property

What is insured?

LCA Personal Property Insurance covers specific personal property of students and teachers at school or in transit. Personal property must be used for the purpose of study or teaching and includes musical instruments, photographic equipment, computer equipment and the like. Property is covered Australia-wide for fire, theft (from locked premises or vehicle), malicious damage, water damage, accidental damage and while in transit.

What is the basis of settlement?

  • The reasonable cost of repairing the damaged item, if it can be repaired: or
  • If the item is stolen or damaged and cannot be repaired, the replacement cost of the item of similar/equal quality but not better or more extensive than its condition when new.

Major exclusions

  • Wear and tear, fading, scratching, cracking, chipping, denting or gradual deterioration
  • Items that go missing or are mislaid
  • Theft from unlocked premises, property in the open air or an unlocked vehicle
  • Electronic or mechanical breakdown or derangement or resultant damage.

What excess applies?

An excess of $500 applies with a limit of any one loss at $5,000.

Need to make a claim?

Should circumstances arise which may result in a claim, immediate notification should be given to LCA Insurance. The following documentation must be forwarded to LCA Insurance:

  • evidence of the original purchase of the item
  • a quote for repair or replacement, and
  • completed general claim form.

Please note that this website only provides a summary of coverage. More detailed information is available by contacting LCA Insurance directly. The insurers policy wordings will take precedence over information contained in this website.